So, I took the Demekin out for a spin last week, taking photos of the office compound and nearby Eastwood City mall. Here’s what I learned:
1. The Demekin needs a lot, and I do mean A LOT, of light for it to take a decent shot. Bright day, strong, direct sun.
2. The fisheye lens means I have to get closer to my subjects.
3. Don’t wind the film until you are ready to shoot. The shutter button is unprotected and easy to press accidentally.
4. Stand still while shooting. No drive by snapshots. The shutter is relatively slow.
5. People like the Demekin and will invariably ask you about it. Be prepared for a short chat.
Here are some of my test shots:
More photos are posted on my multiply account: here. Do let me know what you think. Cheerios!